SIX AWESOME CHRISTIAN CHRISTMAS SONGS

Hey, y'all! I'm back! This must be the season of lists on CGC (see "Five Awesome Gift Ideas for Christian Women")! Today, I've got a list of some of my favorite Christian Christmas songs. You may see the same song twice, but trust me, some versions are COMPLETELY different from others. 

1. "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby and David  Bowie

 Album: Christmas Classics (Remastered)

I LOVE this song. It's both an unlikely pairing of songs and an unlikely pairing of artists. Also, the music is just beautiful. The message is great, and I promise you will love this song just as I do!











2. "Mary, Did You Know ?" by CeeLo Green

Album: CeeLo's Magic Moment
In my opinion, this is one of the best recordings of the famous song. I don't know what it is, but this version is just so beautiful. Both the orchestral arrangement and the vocals are completely stunning. I highly recommend this version!!










3. "Mary, Did You Know?" by Pentatonix

Album: That's Christmas to Me

This is also one of the best recordings ever made of this song, and it's mostly a capella! The whole world went crazy over this recording when it first came out, and I am still going crazy over it! I hit the replay button over and over again whenever this comes on ;)))










4.  "Silent Night" by The Temptations

Album: 20th Century Masters- The Christmas Collection 
I grew up in church listening to this song. It's a tradition: every year, the men's choir does it, so you can imagine that I'm very fond of this song. Also, it's just pure Christmas gold! This is definitely my favorite rendition of this classic. 


5. "Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child" by Mariah Carey 

Album: Merry Christmas 
This song is just such a feel good song! It makes you feel like you're right in the middle of a church service! It's upbeat and so catchy, and it's one of the best songs featured on the album. I definitely recommend this one! 










6. "O Magnum Mysterium" by The King's College


Honestly, this piece of music brings tears to my eyes. The fact that the composer was able to create a piece that so perfectly portrays the power of God and the love we have for Him is just out of this world. Please do yourself a favor and listen to this. 

That's all, folks! I hope you all listen to these songs and enjoy them! I'll be back tomorrow!

Have an amazing day!
Christian Girl Chronicles











Comments

Popular Posts